During the interval between our Fall and Spring sessions we will continue to have Tai Chi Classes.
Add On Classes at Kilauea Park will be held on
Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9AM on a walk on basis for a donation of $2 / class.
Our focus is on refinement, learning to Coordinate your Body Movements + Breathing
All refinement lessons are organized according to area of concentration.
They can be viewed on YouTube playlist:
1. YouTube Playlist: Whole Body, Smooth Movements, Soft Form
2. YouTube Playlist: Coordinating Body Movements + Breathing
How do you refine your tai chi movements?
1. You co-ordinate your body movements
2. You use your whole body, including your neck, face, eyes, mind, your core as well as your extremities.
By implementing the following strategies:
-synchronize your movements
-open your knees, rotate your hips and waist
-shift your weight
-keep your tai chi posture and focus on your dan tian
3. Breathe naturally but use your diaphragm
4. Relax and focus and be consciously aware
As a result, your movements will be smoother, softer and done at a uniform and slower pace.