These positive thinking suggestions will help you start off the new year right!
By Jon Gordon
1. Stay positive.
You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement:
My purpose is_______________________.
3. Take a morning walk of gratitude.
I call it a “thank you walk.” It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are...
...think optimistically about where you are going.
...breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
6. Remember that...
...adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
7. Focus on...
...learning, loving, growing and serving.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason.
Expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone...
...and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E's.
Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
...there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Zoom focus.
Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
14. Implement the NoComplainingRule.
Complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2013. I happen to know of a few good ones. : )
16. Don’t seek happiness. Instead decide to live with passion and purpose and happiness will find you. www.Seed11.com
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.