Popo's day, back at her home she grew up in...having a picnic under the mango tree and reminiscing in her Kuliouou home among her children and grandchildren
Popo is very lucky to have her grandson, Ethan, born on December 30, too! Here he is after a full day at the aircraft carrier museum/ ship USS Hornet aircraft carrier, dinner at an Italian restaurant, now at home with mom's homemade ice cream and his new otter. Happy 13th birthday, ET.,
Andrew and Sophia got to learn more about their family history by looking over old photos with Popo.
What a wonderful way spending time with family where I grew up, having a picnic relaxing and enjoying each other for my 72nd birthday!
Our Niu Valley double rainbow shines brightly as we leave to go to tai chi this morning...a good sign for a bright new year!
My bowl or chest of happiness is filled with special ingredients flavored with the richness of my life.
Here is my holiday recipe:
1. A handful of deep red cranberries glazed with a syrupy sweetness is a token of our fond memories of Pymouth, Massachusetts where we had an Ocean Spray cranberry tour to Cambridge and Harvard where our 2 children went to school.
2. A dollop of lilikoi butter or passion fruit glaze + homemade guava jelly give us that local Hawaii roots, where our family was born and raised.
3. A generous cup of coconut milk for pureness and richness of our family's legacy.
4. Lots of fresh, fragrant home grown mint let us always remember who we are and how important it is to nurture good health.
5. Bananas are like family ties that grow stronger over time, like the ripe taste of a mature banana.
6. Sweet tangy honey roasted nuts are like the little bumps in our life that help us to be alert and work hard to overcome obstacles... when accomplished, life is sweet.
7. Little bits of the color green in avocado when added to the mix reminds us that we feel the importance of conserving and living with what we have.
8. Many cups of sticky rice are essential to continually keep our family cohesive and is the glue we need for happiness.
We are blessed with grandchildren ranging from 4 1/2 months to 20 YO...5 grandsons and 4 granddaughters...Ami will be 6 on Christmas day, Sophia turned 5 on Dec. 12 and Ethan shares his birthday with Popo on Dec. 30
Play Tai Chi at 3000 feet elevation among the ferns, kolea, and lava tube in the backyard at Volcano, Hawaii
Click on the play arrow to see Andrew's movie he worked on with Popo in Final Cut PX...he had so much fun doing all the editing!
Sophia Lucille, just turned 5 years old on Dec. 12, 2017, practices LTK with Popo early in the morning outside our AirBNB among the ferns and near to the lava tube.
A great tai chi opportunity to be able to return to the Hilton Waikoloa after being there 30 years ago!
Click here for more online tai chi video lessons by lucy.
Click here for everydaytaichi4U YouTube channel.
Copyright 2009 vmnproduction