- Correct physical alignment and efficient body use
- Relaxation and awareness
- Holistic connection of physical and energetic i.e body/mind/spirit
- Breathing naturally and appropriately.
- Whole body activity involving balance, weight-bearing movement, coordination, natural stretching and effortless power
- Historic and cultural relevance (martial) to give meaning to the moves
- Carry over of principles into everyday life.
- A natural extension into healing (qigong, acupressure, dao yin, energy healing and so on).
The following is a section from the Qi The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health & Fitness, Vol. 22, No. 3, Autumn 2012 magazine.
Taiji can be an international health activity available to everyone. The outstanding attributes that make taiji such a desirable system of movement/exercise are:-
It is reassuring that the contents of this article is what we are trying to convey in our tai chi classes.
Copyright 2009 vmnproduction